Installation of drywall in Toronto of two layers
In modern life, people who don't know how to properly repair and build can find it difficult to install drywall in Toronto, and when they hear about the installation of this material in two layers, they may consider it something incredible. Often the use of two layers of drywall is associated with the manufacture of additional partitions in the room. In this case, double-layered drywall is an excellent solution. It will not only divide the room into separate zones, but also create the necessary sound insulation of the space.
For more information on how to install drywall in Toronto, click here.
For which a second layer of drywall is used
Before answering the question: how many layers of trim are required, it is necessary to understand for what purposes it is used. In the case of conventional ceiling or wall finishes, one layer of plasterboard is sufficient to achieve the desired result at no extra cost.
Typically, the cladding and construction of drywall in Toronto using two layers is used to give stability and strength to the entire structure. Due to the two layers of material, the structure is heavier and therefore stronger, which makes it more robust.
Required tools and materials
To create two layers of drywall partitions, you will need not only step-by-step instructions, but also the right tool and accessories for install drywall in Toronto. In this case, you should prepare in advance:
- gypsum board sheets in the amount calculated;
- metal profile for frame forming; soundproofing material, mineral wool can be used;
- self-tapping screws for profiles and drywall;
- metal scissors for cutting the metal profile and hacksaws for cutting drywall;
- measuring tools: construction level, tape measure;
- construction knife for soundproofing material;
- electric jigsaw or hacksaws for cutting drywall;
- tape for gluing joints.
Double-layer drywall installation in Toronto
The first stage of drywall partition manufacturing provides for gypsum plasterboard cladding of the metal structure. It is necessary to act in accordance with some rules, namely:
- The joints of vertically placed drywall sheets should not coincide when the second layer is installed. It is desirable that these lines are located at a distance of at least 40 cm from each other. Otherwise, the wall will turn out to be unstable.
- It is very important that the horizontal joints are fixed to the metal profile and not just hang.
- It is recommended to place the horizontal joints in a staggered order, as other placement will make the structure unstable.
The next stage is the Install drywall in Toronto ceiling of the second layer. However, there are some points to consider before doing so:
- during the installation of the first layer of drywall in Toronto to the metal frame, one side of the partition must be lined with sheets, then the insulation material is fastened and the second side of the partition is lined;
- jointing of the sheets in places where there is no profile is performed by means of installed jumpers between vertical profiles;
- when mounting the first layer, the distance between the screws should not exceed 15-20 cm;
- if wiring is present inside the structure, this must be taken into account when fixing the insulation. For more detailed information on laying the wiring under drywall sheets, please click here;
- the space between the metal profiles must be completely filled with insulation;
- when the one-sided cladding is completed, it is possible to start finishing the second side of the partition;
- the metal construction is done taking into account that the distance between the profiles is 40-60 cm;
- the fastening of the second layer of drywall is no different from the first layer, it is also fixed to the metal profile directly through the first layer by screws;
- to fasten the second layer of drywall in Toronto, small marks are made beforehand with a pencil to reach the metal profile precisely.
It should be noted that it is quite difficult to comply with all the rules and conditions for the correct installation of the partition, for this purpose, all calculations should be made on paper and saved until the end of work.
To create a partition of two layers of drywall in Toronto, you should think in advance about socket and switch outlets. In this case, they are made twice as deep as when using single sheet cladding. After fixing the drywall sheets, proceed to the final stage of making the partition:
- The joints of the drywall sheets are coated with a brush with a primer material;
- the joints are carefully puttied with a special putty;
- after the first layer of putty is applied, a reinforcing tape is applied to the joints;
- excess putty is removed and the second coat is applied;
- also, all fixing places are closed with this putty.
When cladding a partition of two layers of drywall in Toronto, the following points should be taken into account:
- It is essential to prim the surface before puttingtying.
- Install sockets and switches only after all other work has been done and the puttying has dried up completely.
- When making the frame, pay attention to the strength of the structure, as if it is not strong enough, drywall cladding can crack and all work will have to be reworked.
- To ensure that the structure remains intact for a long time, it is advisable not to expose it to vibrations.
The surface of the partition is covered with a finishing material.
You can choose to finish the drywall surface:
- Painting the drywall surface with water-based emulsion paint;
- application of liquid wallpaper;
- coating with decorative plaster;
- painting or wallpaper gluing.
Wall and ceiling lining
Double ceiling panelling in Toronto or the walls is no different, except that the back side of the wall will not have to be panelled. The technology of work does not change at all. Covering the walls with plasterboard in two layers is appropriate only when you are building a new partition to strengthen it and make it less mobile.
In this article, the production of the partition with subsequent lining with two sheets of drywall was clearly demonstrated. The two-layer construction serves for a longer period of time, has improved sound insulation, and does not crack when exposed to random vibration, unlike a partition that uses one layer.